Monday, June 9, 2008

Dinner in a Covered Wagon


On Thursday, June 5th, we met Julie (former sister-in-law) and her daughter Kayla (niece) in Ogden for dinner at the Prairie Schooner. We ate steaks in a covered wagon…fun…and helped celebrate Julie’s birthday (June 6th) with a sundae and with the waitresses singing a pretty funky “Yippee-ti-yi-yo, Yippee-ti-yi-yay” Birthday Song. Kayla (who is 20!) has completed 2 years at U of Idaho and is thinking of transferring to Idaho State in Pocatello, or Weber State in Ogden for a degree in Dental Hygiene. We drove by Grandma (Bernetta Bell Brown) and Papa (Roy Edward Brown)'s old brick bungalow which I remember from my childhood with fish pond, apple tree swing, walnut tree, rose garden, patio with fireplace, wooden shelves with Papa's creations, Catalpa tree and hammock. My parents were living in the house next door when I was born.

2 comments:

Autumn said...

Sounds like you had a good time at the Prairie Schooner, I love that place! I bet it was fun to see the "Brown Place" too.

briton said...

I always confuse the schooner with the timbermine ("summer olympics"). and yes, can't believe Kayla is 20. Neat you got to see them.