Sunday, March 15, 2009

Shamrocks and Such

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
(I'm 1/16th Irish.)


It's the day for the wearin' of the green.


Here are some honest-to-goodness shamrocks, 4-leaf clovers, baby ones, that is. I planted the seeds about 12 days ago and they are trying hard, but won't be ready by the 17th. Stay tuned and hopefully I'll post the real McCoy (I think that's Scottish) one of these days.


Here's a little Irish blessing for you.



Here are the greetings I received from Talmage (there IS a little green in there) and Sydney.


Here are 2 greeetings from Brielle...the bottom one has a punched-out heart border.


And don't forgot this Irish Wisdom!

4 comments:

Donette said...

Thanks for posting Brie's artwork. She loves doing projects for people and will get a kick out of seeing her work posted!

Airie said...

Such an interesting holiday, no? I'm here at the office and feel dorky because I'm the only one purposely wearing green today. Oh well. Aren't Brie's pop-up cards the best? She made some for us too; proudly displayed on our fridge. Hope you have a lucky St. Patrick's and we'll see you this weekend! :)

Melissa said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day Aunt P! I don't know how much Irish I've got if you are only a 16th...but I'm claiming it even if it is only a drop. Stop by my blog and see what our leprechaun left for us this morning...we love St. Patrick's Day. =)

...and I love the tiny shamrocks! very cute!

briton said...

I forgot my green today! arg! at least Robin got us going with corned beef and cabbage for dinner. She also cut my hair last night... and looking at the scraps on the floor... another sign I'm losing me Irish luster... hardly looks 'red' anymore. Hope the clovers bring you luck!