Sunday, February 1, 2009

Odds and Ends and Leftovers

Here are a few forgotten photos from Christmas (because they were on the big camera which Dad forgot to download) plus a couple of photos since then.

Mr. T and the Cars puzzle

She puzzled till her puzzler was sore.

Very serious business..mind Boggling.

The Christmas puzzle…yeah, I only tackle those with 500 pieces and lots of color variations, but I also love the sarongs and the location…Antigua!

Blue sky on January 3, 2009…before the inversion

The snow I came home to after Boise…the morning of January 26th

The “cave” formed by the frozen willow overhanging the pond. Note Elm branches in upper lefthand corner.

It’s been a bad year for trees. We lost the Red Bud last spring, the Autumn Blaze Maple last summer, and now about one third of the American Elm on the berm. The snow was so heavy, it broke off the biggest trunk (with 3 major forks) at the base. It fell and split a number of the red twig Dogwoods. This is the view from the window before the sawing began...sorry about the glare.

Dad sawed off broken branches yesterday (January 31st).

Heave Ho!

2 comments:

Airie said...

I always hate to see trees die. :( You should plant some new ones!! Reason 570439 why I don't like snow.

Autumn said...

But snow is so pretty Airie! I can only think of one reason I don't like snow: driving in it. Of course the tree dying part is sad too. I'm so glad I missed the Boggle tournament!(man if only I could spell...)