Sunday, January 25, 2009

Boise Visit

I flew up to Boise, Friday night, the 23rd, to see Grandma and take care of some family business…very stressful but necessary. I also got to see Shane, Kirk, Rana, Charlie, Micah, Cori, Aria, Teagan, Logan and Marni. I went with the Strasser group and Grandma out to dinner to celebrate Rana’s birthday at Stan’s Char Broiled Hot Dogs. I had one with mustard, pickles, sauerkraut and Bronco Sauce…m’oh boy! The chocolate frozen yogurt ice cream was great. I was too busy talking and/or forgot to take photos of everyone…but here’s a few. When I landed in Salt Lake, Sunday afternoon, it was snowing. They weren’t snowflakes, but more like snowballs plummeting down. They were the biggest flakes I’ve ever seen.

Grandma reading the newspaper and working on the crossword puzzle
Iris--81 years old

Grandma and her white parakeet

Mom & Grandmom

Iris & Shane

Wall art at the Boise Airport...dangling, swaying, painted metal panels.

Winging It!

Snowballs...the photo doesn't really do them justice.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

So good to see grandma Iris and Shane. Thanks for the pictures! I hope all is well with grandma.

Autumn said...

A trip to Bosie huh? Hope you had a good time. Hot Dogs and chocolate frozen yogurt sound tastey! I bet coming back into Salt Lake was a bit of a shock with all the snow we got that day! Love you!

Airie said...

You know, there ARE better choices for winter getaways. Just kidding! I'm sure we'd all love to just live in Hawaii for the winter, right? Glad that things worked out okay, and sorry about the weather. Gross.