Wednesday, March 30, 2011

March Amalgam

My faith and patience are waning as far as spring and some-other-color-than-gray are concerned. Dad decided to put a smile on my face and BUY me some tulips! These said Imported from Holland...I guess at least they have sunshine over there. These posies certainly have brightened up the kitchen and I took them to R.S. for my lesson on Sunday.
My neighbor (visiting teacher) must have thought I needed some cheering up, too. Don't you just love this big dragonfly balloon?


Dad and I, mostly Dad, have just spent 2+ weeks pruning the red twig dogwood bushes, and some mugos and other bushes to meet the city clean-up deadline. They came with some big equipment, loaded and hauled 1/2 of it (across the street from our house) away on Tuesday. (The other 1/2 is up on 2nd East.) It was hard for us to believe that we actually have 90, (yes that is ninety!) dogwoods that are mostly about 8' tall and 4' wide. It took 30-45 minutes per bush to prune almost 2 feet off all the tops (well, every little twig) and take out the dead wood!!! So, yeah, we spent a lot of time on it. The red twigs in the foreground are a few of the shorter ones going up the rock walk that will still need a slight haircut. We should have opted for more vinyl fence.

These photos are for you to enjoy, Talmage and Colby! Grandpa had fun watching.


Here's Brie with tiara and curls, after her first Irish Dance Recital in Alpine with the Shelly School of Irish Dance. She did a great job...watch the upcoming video.


The dancer and her supporters. We went out for ice cream and burgers afterwards. Here's the video of Brielle. She really stays on the beat and I like the way she hurries to keep up with the troupe exiting the stage. Good job little dancer, we're proud of you. (Brie is third from the left at the beginning.)

3 comments:

Donette said...

Thanks for coming to Brie's recital and for posting a video! Fun!

Autumn said...

Those are lovely tulips! I too am having a hard time waiting for spring;) It was really fun to see Brie at her recital, thanks for saving me a spot!

Airie said...

Sad we missed Brie's recital, but thanks for sharing the video. She did great! And those tulips were even prettier in real life. I really need some more springtime SOON!!!!