Thursday, September 24, 2009

THE GARGE SALE

Rana and Dad and I worked from 5:00pm until 3:30am sorting and pricing stuff in the garage in Boise on Friday night. What a lot of work! I tried, unsuccessfully to sleep from 4:00 to 5:45am. Then we were back to open the sale at 8:00am. It was a beautiful day (a little on the warm side) and there was quite a turnout. Learned a lot about garage sale shoppers--ha! Nice that there are garage doors that open on both ends. I enjoyed the time spent talking to neighbors and others who knew Mom & Dad. By 5:00pm we were packing up the big stuff that didn't sell and U-Hauling it off to store at Rana's house. I fell asleep at a stop light while driving the CRV!!!

Here I am in the oak captain's chair guarding a pumpkin...I don't look sleepy...yet.

Rana on the single sofa sleeper, guarding the blue plastic toy cash box...

Sunday morning Laur and I had to drive back to Meridain to pick up the U-Haul 'cause I was not allowed to drive back to the motel the night before. Charlie and Rana, looking nice and churchy.


Sisters in the front yard.

Sisters...a little too close up. She hasn't got any 60's wrinkles yet!
Laur and I drove out to see Mom one more time before heading back to Salt Lake. Here we are in her room. Yep, she broke 2 bones in her foot (we think she just stood up from the rocker and got off balance) and is now in a walking boot for 6 to 8 weeks.

1 comment:

Airie said...

UGH! Too much work for my taste! I'm glad you didn't drive off the road! Way to go Clark!