Thursday, September 24, 2009

The BIG BAD #30 for AUTUMN!

We were excited to celebrate Autumn's birthday at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi...with good food and lots of fun. Many happy wishes to you, girl! We hope Year 30 will be the bestest!!
Yep, you can try to sugar-coat it, but it's still the Big Three-Oh!

The birthday bunch getting ready for some great salads and sandwiches.

The birthday girl and her diet coke.

Getting in the mood for an adventure through the fabuous Dinosaur Museum. This is a great photo...please click to enlarge. Airie (who else) wins the prize for best dino impression.

One of my favorite dinos...have always loved the fin. This one reminds me of playing dinosaurs in the 1950s (about 3rd grade in Sherman, Texas) in the boy-next-door's sandbox (I think his name was Steve), complete with water and I had a plastic Dimetrodon!

Leslie, Brie (aprons are good) and Autumn designing rivers and islands.

Airie and Abram, well maybe just Airie, adding creatures to the landscape.

Reliving those sandbox days..."I love sand."

An early Croc.

Build-your-own Dinosaur. We got to choose from heads, tails, legs, arms, and other velco-on features to create our own plush dino. Colby is participating in more cerebral activities and Airie is participating in less cerebral activities. I'm getting snuggled and Brie is getting a big kick out of the whole thing.

The giant tortoise. WOW!

Dad and the dueling T-Rexes.

Way-ugly fish...wouldn't want to run into this guy while snorkling.
Time for presents...beautiful hand-made-by-Airie bag/purse.

Autumn can add this kooky/spooky cat to her Halloween collection. Baron's "pickle box" was a big hit!!

2 comments:

Airie said...

Those are some stellar pics of me! I'm usually able to pull off 1 or 2, but 3+? I must be working on a new record. We had a great time! Thanks again! :)

Autumn said...

Thank you to everyone for a wonderful Birthday celebration! I had such a good time with everyone. The food was great, museum cool and the presents, well, who doesn't love presents? Whoohoo I'm 30!!