Tuesday, April 21, 2009

ARIZONA--LAST DAY

I guess you're saying, "Finally, the last day!" I know I am. But it has been fun to remember and share the trip. We spent the last night in Las Vegas and enjoyed eating dinner at The Paris, Cafe Ile St. Louis, of course. (The Coq au Vin was no longer on the menu, but the Chicken Marsala was excellent.) We watched the Bellagio fountains that night and the next day. I'll never get enough of them. We also spent a lot of time in the Conservatory (greenhouse) at the Bellagio. All of the beautiful flowers in bloom on Easter morning made a lasting impression of renewal and rebirth.


Looking across the Bellagio Fountain Pond to The Paris.


Looking into the lobby from our room in the Pyramid.


The Obelisk.


The Sphinx.


OK, OK, I know it's dumb, but I took my tiny shamrock sprouts with us on the trip. I figured all of my other plants could make it without watering for 10 days, but the shamrocks had to come along and get pampered. Here they are at the Luxor! (click and enlarge)


The fountain on a gorgeous Easter Sunday...70+ degree temps.


Inside the Conservatory at the Bellagio with the water globe centerpiece.


Daffodils and orange tulips.


Purple/blue hyacinths.


Pink fringed tulips.


Yellow and orange tulips.


Red fringed tulips.


Butterfly House...there are probably 10 butterflies in this photo.


Big butterfly with metallic blue wings when seen in flight...Blue Morpho.

Red Carnation Ladybug

Snail made out of roses (click and enlarge)


I'm walking to the butterfly house under the arching streams of water...no tubes...just water!


Dad and the giant watering cans.


The happy travelers, reluctant to leave.

Back home with my 2 souvenir cacti.

2 comments:

briton said...

what a loaded trip! I really like all the color in this collection of flower shots. and didn't know they ran the bellagio swishers during the day --I think that's the first time I've seen them going under the sun. i hope your shamrocks made it ok. Did Dad have a club at Ile St. Louis? I still remember the pain after that marathon, but it sure felt good.

Autumn said...

Wow those flowers are amazing! I bet it smelled really good in there. Your two new cacti are sure cute. Glad you had a good time in Vegas. What a nice break/fun trip!