Saturday, November 8, 2008

OUCH!





Yesterday at gym class, while attempting standing broad jumps over a series of small platforms (oh, maybe 6" high and 12" across) I failed to clear #3 and instead caught my left heel and crumpled onto my left ankle (I heard a pop), landing hard on my tush. Three hours of ice and elevation, plus quite a few Advils saved the day. I'm still limping, but doing OK. This photo was taken about 30 hours after the mishap/misstep (it was more impressive yesterday). I won't be attempting any more of those babies!

3 comments:

Autumn said...

Wow that looks pretty painful! What exactly do "standing board jumps" do for your body? and I'm concerned about this "pop" sound, that can't be good. I'm glad you're doing okay...hopeful things continue to improve.

Airie said...

YIKES!! Abram says that he's heard the pop on his own ankle before. Quoth he: "Oh yeah, it's good times!" I'm sorry to hear (and see) that you're obviously not having much fun with that ankle right now. I hope that it gets better soon!!!

briton said...

OUCH!! that looks awful; rolling ankles is the worst. I still wear a brace on my right ankle any time I'm playing sports. May your ankle anguish ablate abruptly!