Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Thanksgiving Point Gardens

On Thursday, July 2nd, the gang met at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi to celebrate Mom’s birthday. We ate some great sandwiches/wraps…tuna melt, reuben, philly steak, ham and cheese to name a few…and then spent an hour+ walking through the gorgeous landscape of trees and flowers and water features. It was rather cool, but it didn’t rain on us. Thanks to Autumn for the discount and to everyone for participating. What a wonderful memory for #60.


Outside the Deli and Bakery.
The "fairway" from the starting point to the columns...which we reached much later.

Purple petunias plus.

Shasta Daisies, my favorite.

White Hollyhocks.

Pink Hollyhocks reminding me of my grandmother Bernetta Bell Brown's garden and the dolls my sister and I made when we were little girls using toothpicks.

Yellow and deep purple.

What are these lovelies? Related to foxglove?


8 on the path.

Pink whatever.

On Monet's bridge with water lilies below.

Dad, the master photographer.

Feeding the Koi!

8 in the gazebo.


Follow the red brick road.

Pink-striped Petunias.

Brie in front of the giant violin fountain.

The violin pools or bathtubs.
The fabulous finale, or at least 1/2 of it, truly amazing waterfalls, about 8 of them. We later walked across the bridge on top of them.

The birthday girl about to open presents!

2 comments:

Donette said...

That was such a fun night. My favorite was the coi....I could have watched them all night!Thanks for the fun memories!

Airie said...

Thanks again for the fun night! I'm glad I finally got to see the gardens too! :)