Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Tooth Ache

Just in case any of you haven't heard me whine about this yet, or if you want to realize that your problems could be worse...just know that one of my teeth "exploded" last Friday. An abscessed molar is very painful and finding a dentist on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday is an impossibility. At the near "breaking point" I finally got antibiotics and Lortabs to barely get me through until I spent 3-1/2 hours on Monday and another 3 hours on Tuesday having a root canal re-do (much more complicated than a regular root canal.) The crown couldn't be saved, there was decay under it, and a perforated root added to the complications. You know me, I can't ever do things the simple way. The dentist accidentally nicked my tongue (big canker sore now) and my jaw and gums are very sore. I can't bite or chew on the right side. I missed the lovely weekend weather and 2 days of work. The dentist said it could take 2-3 weeks before all the pain is gone! I'm planning to be off the 8 Advils a day by this weekend. Be sure to brush and floss and give those grandkids their fluoride!

2 comments:

Autumn said...

Mom, I'm sorry about your tooth ordeal...sounds awful. I hope that your recovery is speedy! Love you!

Airie said...

"Be sure to drink your Ovaltine." Strange that so much pain can come from such a small thing. :( I hope you feel better soon!