Sunday, December 7, 2008

Out of Sight, Out of Mind

Yes, "Out of Sight, Out of Mind", it's becoming my mantra. Some nice neighbors gave us an Advent Candle. We haven't had one for a number of years, so we were excited. While Dad was in Vegas (see next blog) I dutifully lit it on Night 1, and on Night 2, and on Night 3, and on Night 4. On December 5th, I lit it in the kitchen and for some reason went into the study to sit down at the computer for a moment. Big mistake. I don't know how much later, Dad called to me from the kitchen with the news that I had burned right through December 13th! Of well, guess I won't have to worry about it next week. My how time flies when you're oblivious.

Skip to the middle (of the month)!

4 quail in the backyard today

3 more quail on the the rocky ridge...they come through in groups of 30 or 40 now, to and from spending the day foraging around Davis Creek.

2 comments:

Airie said...

Our biggest flub was burning half-way through the following day. Not a whole week. ;) Oh well. The pocket is easier to control, he he.

briton said...

Didn't we do that once "growing up" too? classic candle. We busted out the pocket Christmas tree yesterday and Talmage caught on quickly--he loved zipping through 1-6; did a solo 7 today.